Marceline, MO -
Since 2016, the Marceline Curbside Recycling Program, as provided by Advanced
Disposal, has been a success, with 61.93 tons of recyclable material being
processed to date. However, it is noted that many residents are using
their recycling bins as their secondary (overflow) solid waste containers.
This causes contamination of the recyclable materials collected from other
residents, and cannot be sorted and processed – resulting in those items being
processed in the same manner as regular garbage. We ask that residents be
mindful of items being placed into the recycling bins to prevent contamination.
As part of the program, please note the following:
Acceptable Recycling Items:
- Cardboard (yes, all those Prime boxes)
- Paper (Office paper, brown paper bags, mail, etc.)
- Aluminum Cans and Metal Containers (after being quickly rinsed)
- Plastic Bottles, Jars, Jugs and Containers (after being quickly rinsed)
- Any Plastic Bags
- Tanglers (wires, holiday light strings, hoses, cords, etc.)
- Food Waste or Liquids (organic material)
- Batteries (all types, especially lithium)
- Safe Sharps (any needles, syringes, blades, etc.)
In addition, residents who have bulk items such as appliances, mattresses and
furniture that requires collection outside the bi-annual bulk collection dates
may call Advanced Disposal at 1-800-778-7652 to collect said items for a fee.
Do not leave these items at the curb until those arrangements have been made.
For more information, visit: www.AdvancedDisposal.com/RecycleRight
# # #